[CRIME] Fears for Child Hostage

Stay up-to-date with the latest news and discussions from across the galaxy!
Galaxy One News

[CRIME] Fears for Child Hostage

Post by Galaxy One News »

Fears for Child Hostage

via Rushan Martock, New Delhi Gazette

The latest heated dispute in the Yomuuk Belt system took a disturbing turn today when an infamous pirate captain took a rival’s child hostage. The Belt, a planetary system consisting of various mining operations, trade stations, and independent repair posts, is administrated by krogan interests. According to current reports, the historic disagreements between these clans has hampered any effort to effect a response, yet alone a rescue.

A dispute between Batarian pirate captain Vulsen Khor’Shanak and human smuggler Jackson Trent escalated into a bloody conflict after the captain arranged for the abduction of Trent’s only child, who typically accompanies Trent. In footage intended for the eyes of Mr. Trent, his son Silvan was presented as a prisoner aboard Khor’Shanak’s ship. The tearful 13-year-old read a statement prepared by his captors threatening various forms of abuse and violence. No demands have yet been made.

“I think this is just a revenge attack” said Khel Hurix, Clan Khel’s representative on the Yomuuk Board. “They’re just torturing the guy through his kid”.

Plans to rescue young Silvan are apparently under discussion, though media representatives have been turned away.
Dani

Re: [CRIME] Fears for Child Hostage

Post by Dani »

UH-OH
((avatar by the wonder Armax_Hammer))
Whiteout.

Post by Whiteout. »

Galaxy One News wrote: “I think this is just a revenge attack” said Khel Hurix, Clan Khel’s representative on the Yomuuk Board. “They’re just torturing the guy through his kid”.
What a fascinating and astounding observation on behalf of Mr. Hurix. Truly, a genius of our times.
Cerastes S. - Chief Information Broker, Revenant Co.
c: [0-156] | o: [REV-CO 7435] | extension: [2331]

Professional inquiries only.
(( Thanks to forums user vasstasmin for the wonderful avatar! You are amazing. ))
Bitterskin*

Post by Bitterskin* »

Whiteout. wrote:
Galaxy One News wrote: “I think this is just a revenge attack” said Khel Hurix, Clan Khel’s representative on the Yomuuk Board. “They’re just torturing the guy through his kid”.
What a fascinating and astounding observation on behalf of Mr. Hurix. Truly, a genius of our times.
I know the Yomuuk Belt, sort of. I made a run of sorts there, it was a, well, a weird time. The thing is - and yes, I'm saying this for other people's benefit, I'm not an idiot, I know you know this - it's one of those places where krogan run things but they're having their own independent part in this whole revival thing, not affiliated with any of the people back in the former DMZ. They got the cure for the genophage, they travelled for that, but they're not really doing things the Urdnot way. So, you know, they're just hopeless at any sort of coherent response to things. They're trying to get this board of theirs working as some alliance between the clans, they're - look, this is going to sound really racist, but I'm sorry, it's the only way to put it - they're trying to be civilized, and it's just hard going, I guess. And it doesn't help that the people they're being overlords for are the worse sort of, well, people like this.

Clan Khel are sort of sane compared to some of them on there, but honestly, this guy was probably just happily bashing in heads a few years ago and now he's got a suit, so to speak, and he's expected to participate in actually running the system.

It's chaos, it's all going to end in tears.

More tears.
Last edited by Bitterskin* on 08 Nov 2015, 02:01, edited 1 time in total.
Phraag is not pronounced "frog". It's not funny. I'm serious.
Barth

Post by Barth »

...Shit. Kids shouldn't be used in shithead disputes. Maybe some pirates need a pounding...
Don't forget to hit me up. And here's a bit of my autobiography in progress.

{icon by http://the-scribe-of-tuchanka.tumblr.com}
Bitterskin*

Post by Bitterskin* »

Barth wrote:...Shit. Kids shouldn't be used in shithead disputes. Maybe some pirates need a pounding...
See, I think they're trying to resolve things without just going straight to the poundings?

Though with Clan Raik on the board it's going to be hard to stop them from just blowing something up and calling it a day, I think.

Like I said, I sort of... had a run in with these people. The Yomuuk Belt, er, government, I suppose.
Phraag is not pronounced "frog". It's not funny. I'm serious.
Retired_Biotic

Post by Retired_Biotic »

They're trying not to resort to pounding, by kidnapping an innocent child and abusing him. I don't know about you but I'd rather they bash each other's heads open than involve a freaking child into their dispute. That poor kid is going to be fucked up for the rest of his life. Abduction wasn't really much of an improvement over just simply beating the crap out of each other.
Dani

Post by Dani »

Whiteout. wrote: What a fascinating and astounding observation on behalf of Mr. Hurix. Truly, a genius of our times.
theyre actually giving that kid the best ship ride in the galaxy u alabaster retard!
Barth wrote:...Shit. Kids shouldn't be used in shithead disputes. Maybe some pirates need a pounding...
or maybe its a terminus divorce and this is a custody battle
((avatar by the wonder Armax_Hammer))
Valaar_Ke'el

Post by Valaar_Ke'el »

This is why we should have no leniency, no mercy towards criminals. Amoral, sadistic Bosh'tets, the lot of them. The should be shot immediately on site without any second thoughts.

And this is exactly why we should enforce policing within our borders and within the borders of the more, unclaimed systems. Increase patrols, ships, military. More manpower and more resources towards controlling and bringing civility towards these areas.

Limiting the number of civilian transports, increasing the regulations, halting any and all traffic to said zones and limiting traffic to only registered and safe zones.
Vej-the-Eye

Post by Vej-the-Eye »

Reality. Unfortunately, it happens. This is low, but not unexpected.

Shame, really. So many ways to settle disputes that don't require the kids to get involved. And they choose the one that drags more and more people into the mess...

Will be on the lookout. Maybe opportunities present themselves.

Also...
Valaar_Ke'el wrote:This is why we should have no leniency, no mercy towards criminals. Amoral, sadistic Bosh'tets, the lot of them. The should be shot immediately on site without any second thoughts.

And this is exactly why we should enforce policing within our borders and within the borders of the more, unclaimed systems. Increase patrols, ships, military. More manpower and more resources towards controlling and bringing civility towards these areas.

Limiting the number of civilian transports, increasing the regulations, halting any and all traffic to said zones and limiting traffic to only registered and safe zones.
That's just lowering yourself to their level, Ms. Nalia. You don't need to go that deep.
Vej'Ayil, troubleshooter. Quick, clean, discreet unless specified otherwise. For contracts and marks, speak privately. Thank you.
SlowAndSteady*

Post by SlowAndSteady* »

Vej-the-Eye wrote:
Valaar_Ke'el wrote:This is why we should have no leniency, no mercy towards criminals. Amoral, sadistic Bosh'tets, the lot of them. The should be shot immediately on site without any second thoughts.

That's just lowering yourself to their level, Ms. Nalia. You don't need to go that deep.
Neutral observation: Ms. Tonbay has many convictions regarding the necessity of order and the establishment of clear and non-flexible boundaries. She can be rather zealous in her preferences for imposing civility as she interprets it. She means no harm, so far as I can tell.

Moderately pained: Nonetheless, Ms. Tonbay, policing the entire galaxy with an iron hand is probably not a realistic prospect for the quarian people at this time.

Distasteful: Though I share your disgust at the goings-on in Yomuuk.
Barth

Post by Barth »

Dani wrote:
or maybe its a terminus divorce and this is a custody battle
Not sounding like it. Child torture is something to which nobody should ever resort. Fucked up shit, and believe me I've been on both ends of some of these things
Don't forget to hit me up. And here's a bit of my autobiography in progress.

{icon by http://the-scribe-of-tuchanka.tumblr.com}
Rivet

Post by Rivet »

Whiteout. wrote:
You beat me to the sarcastic quip on this one.

But yeah, using the kid is seriously fucked up, if they are going to feud at least keep it within the organisation and people who are of age; I am sure they'll do whatever they can to save the kid.
But if it goes violent the pirates might just murder the kid out of spite, they aren't known for their calm collected reasoning; hopefully they'll figure it all out.
Valaar_Ke'el

Post by Valaar_Ke'el »

Vej-the-Eye wrote:

Are we lowering ourselves when we patrol our own space? When we police our own cities and homes? Are we lowering ourselves when an officer of the law encounters a murderer, rapist, serial killer in the middle of an act and shoots the offender? No we are not.

We are but acting within our realm of control, within our rights and jurisdictions to bring order to chaos, to bring justice.
SlowAndSteady* wrote:
Neutral observation: Ms. Tonbay has many convictions regarding the necessity of order and the establishment of clear and non-flexible boundaries. She can be rather zealous in her preferences for imposing civility as she interprets it. She means no harm, so far as I can tell.

Moderately pained: Nonetheless, Ms. Tonbay, policing the entire galaxy with an iron hand is probably not a realistic prospect for the quarian people at this time.

Distasteful: Though I share your disgust at the goings-on in Yomuuk.

I'm simply stating how things should be, how regulations should be in place so as to curb crime and chaos, and bring order and greater peace. Is that not what we all strive for?

And, no, if you read my statement above, I was calling for greater policing from all races, council, or non-council alike. To finally solidify the zones of control and spheres of influence, to bring a stop to the chaos that does not need to happen, and should not happen in our civilized time.

Or is that too difficult for the high and mighty Turians, and the ever influential, civil Asari?
asari ex commando

Post by asari ex commando »

Valaar_Ke'el wrote:Or is that too difficult for the high and mighty Turians, and the ever influential, civil Asari?
You know little about geopolitics, Nalia. Our borders are policed, and our space is as well.

The fact of the matter is that the galaxy is simply too large to be fully patrolled. And anyone who thinks it can be is naive.
Veteran Commando. Fitness and Biotic Instructor with the Armali Guard.
Valaar_Ke'el

Post by Valaar_Ke'el »

asari ex commando wrote:
Valaar_Ke'el wrote:Or is that too difficult for the high and mighty Turians, and the ever influential, civil Asari?
You know little about geopolitics, Nalia. Our borders are policed, and our space is as well.

The fact of the matter is that the galaxy is simply too large to be fully patrolled. And anyone who thinks it can be is naive.
I know more than my fair share, and I do believe the council races should do more if their ambitions are any indicator. Stop using the Turians as an imperialistic barrier between you and the greater galaxy.

Live up to what you truly want, power and influence. Take it for yourself if you so desire it, use your gargantuan populous, instate conscription, colonize and create outposts, create larger fleets. Deterence, military power, political influence. Take the uncontrolled sector to police them, to reign in the barbarians of the undefended and uncontrolled sectors.

All governments should belong to a species' original government only, independants such as Omega or Terminus nations should not even exist, they're unstable, prone to corruption and internal disputes.
Liria

Post by Liria »

Valaar_Ke'el wrote:Stop using the Turians as an imperialistic barrier between you and the greater galaxy.
First of all, this is wrong. The Republics exist between the Hierarchy and the Terminus, not the other way around.
Live up to what you truly want, power and influence. Take it for yourself if you so desire it, use your gargantuan populous, instate conscription, colonize and create outposts, create larger fleets. Deterence, military power, political influence. Take the uncontrolled sector to police them, to reign in the barbarians of the undefended and uncontrolled sectors.
These are never going to happen, and you know it. That is democracy at it's best.
All governments should belong to a species' original government only, independants such as Omega or Terminus nations should not even exist, they're unstable, prone to corruption and internal disputes.
There are nations in the Terminus that are perfectly functional. The only problem is that most of those are overlooked because of their stability. After all, what makes for a better headline - "Large gang shootout on Omega; Hundreds dead" or "Yet another uneventful day on [insert name here]"?

Also, my mother right. You are kinda naive with things like this. Drop the imperial ambitions, Squeeze'Ass vas Jacob.
Liria T'Remi.
Commander, 31st Regiment.

- Black Nova PMC -

((I render asari. PM me if you have any questions))
Valaar_Ke'el

Post by Valaar_Ke'el »

Liria wrote:
Valaar_Ke'el wrote:Stop using the Turians as an imperialistic barrier between you and the greater galaxy.
First of all, this is wrong. The Republics exist between the Hierarchy and the Terminus, not the other way around.

I meant in a sphere of influence, in a policy and action based circumstance, Asari. Of course I didn't mean that physically, any twat with a map can tell you so.
Liria wrote:
These are never going to happen, and you know it. That is democracy at it's best.
Heh. Democracy. Funny you say that, for a race that hid a Prothean artifact, using it's advanced tech to rise above all, and leaving out that information during the war, tell me. Did your people vote for that on your e-democracy? To willingly not support the war and to hide valuable information and technology during a bulk of the war.

Democracy at it's damn finest, if it even was the choice of your people. Was it?

Shut up and face the facts.

Do you want to follow in your insular path, or let millions suffer and die in an uncontrolled galaxy? Choose Asari.
Liria wrote: There are nations in the Terminus that are perfectly functional. The only problem is that most of those are overlooked because of their stability. After all, what makes for a better headline - "Large gang shootout on Omega; Hundreds dead" or "Yet another uneventful day on [insert name here]"?

Also, my mother right. You are kinda naive with things like this. Drop the imperial ambitions, Squeeze'Ass vas Jacob.
They are few and far in between, compare the sheer effectiveness of the Turian's imperial ambitions and their stable governments and populace, or your own stable growth. Versus the conditions at large in the Terminus.

One day or another, the galaxy will be fully divided. The frontier will be no more, save for if we head to a different galaxy, and then the same will happen, Consolidation of power.

And nice, very nice, a low blow there for a defector such as yourself.
Whiteout.

Post by Whiteout. »

Dr. Angelaus, would you mind performing as a switch just long enough to stuff a ball gag down your dominatrix's throat? Preferably deep enough to block off her airway.

(( Thanks to forums user vasstasmin for the wonderful avatar! You are amazing. ))
Jcb112

Post by Jcb112 »

This is a terrible circumstance..... I do hope the proper authorities can get a handle on the situation ASAP, and use precautionary measures to ensure this does not happen again.
Whiteout. wrote:Dr. Angelaus, would you mind performing as a switch just long enough to stuff a ball gag down your dominatrix's throat? Preferably deep enough to block off her airway.
No. I'm, we're not that type of people, just, freely going about it 24/7. Just, leave it.
===================
- Dr. Jacob Angelaus M.D.
Director of the Board, Department of Public Health, UNAS - SATAE National Board

Jacob's Mini-Biography/Reference
[REDACTED]

Post by [REDACTED] »

Yes, I to see nothing wrong with shooting jaywalkers, shoplifters, and people who only check their drive casings every second jump.

Wait no your policies are bugfuck stupid.
Whiteout.

Post by Whiteout. »

Jcb112 wrote: No. I'm, we're not that type of people, just, freely going about it 24/7. Just, leave it.
I did not say you were.

I suggested you murder your mouthy bitch before I do it for you.

Invitation

Post by Invitation »

Valaar_Ke'el wrote: They are few and far in between

Eat my ass Nal, you preachy sack of varren dicks.
Aphin's Place - Level 31, Zakera Ward. Best Pyjak Made Drinks on the Citadel

All view expressed are personal, but shared explicitly by the owner
Valaar_Ke'el

Post by Valaar_Ke'el »

[REDACTED] wrote:
Yes, I to see nothing wrong with shooting jaywalkers, shoplifters, and people who only check their drive casings every second jump.

Wait no your policies are bugfuck stupid.
So apparently I have to explain every single word and it's underlying implication? Think. I meant individuals who are deserving of such a fate, as well as swift and effective justice to minor offenses as well.
Whiteout. wrote:
Jcb112 wrote: No. I'm, we're not that type of people, just, freely going about it 24/7. Just, leave it.
I did not say you were.

I suggested you murder your mouthy bitch before I do it for you.

Why are you always begging for a fight, Drell? What is it with you?

And, I'd certainly like to see you try.
Invitation wrote:
Valaar_Ke'el wrote: They are few and far in between

Eat my ass Nal, you preachy sack of varren dicks.

Enjoy your life on your rotting Vorcha-infested station, you inbred nar Tasi.
Whiteout.

Post by Whiteout. »

Valaar_Ke'el wrote: Why are you always begging for a fight, Drell? What is it with you?

And, I'd certainly like to see you try.
Step outside your safe zone for five minutes and you will. I would be doing the galaxy a tremendous favor.