Bolok Mal has bEgun in JoRgal

Stay up-to-date with the latest news and discussions from across the galaxy!
LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT

Re: Bolok Mal has bEgun in JoRgal

Post by LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT »

Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 05:43 Najhil hopes that People are not sustaining serious long-Term Injuries for the Sake of the Competition! OvO
No onE (whos kRogan) has diEd fRom food RElatEd issuEs.

ThERE havE bEEN hunting RElatEd dEaths bEcausE, wEll, Tuchanka.
Night Shift

Post by Night Shift »

Right. Respect the damn hunt.

Then it might respect you.
Mm-hmm.
LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT

Night Shift wrote: 07 Oct 2021, 06:21 Then it might respect you.
Nah.
TEETH

Post by TEETH »

While I am not participating I look forward to observing through these posts.

I am firmly on team FRECKLES and team QUEEN.

((Avatar by Armax!))
Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

So I should probably have asked before, but what’s the rules on cooking this stuff?
Because I know Zoar mentioned vegetables but haven’t found any of those yet, and it’s not like I’m gonna find salt lying around.
It’s not against the non-interference rules to ask the locals how you cook this stuff is it?
((Zur by Lavakh!))
Armax_Hammer

Post by Armax_Hammer »

As far as I know you gotta cook it all yourself! No one said ennythin about askin for recipes or advice though, but you do gotta buy extra ingredients. I bought what I needed to make ryncakes :}
Being a good person doesn't mean you fit the life of every person you meet
Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

Armax_Hammer wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 02:21 As far as I know you gotta cook it all yourself! No one said ennythin about askin for recipes or advice though, but you do gotta buy extra ingredients. I bought what I needed to make ryncakes :}
Oh thank Vaul. I was afraid I was gonna have to make eggs without salt. Or herbs. I'm all for cookin' my catches but meat-only for a month would get old.
((Zur by Lavakh!))
222_Drussbus

Post by 222_Drussbus »

Armax_Hammer wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 02:21 As far as I know you gotta cook it all yourself! No one said ennythin about askin for recipes or advice though, but you do gotta buy extra ingredients. I bought what I needed to make ryncakes :}
What's the list for Ryncakes? I may have had the sponsor throw in "paancake" ingredients for what we're bringing. No ryncol with yeah? I'd be spending a pek of time through customs, we'd be showing up days after it was over by then.
(( Icon by Armax_Hammer))
LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT

Z-Sec wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 02:31 Oh thank Vaul. I was afraid I was gonna have to make eggs without salt. Or herbs. I'm all for cookin' my catches but meat-only for a month would get old.
HEh. You'll lEaRn that JoRgal aRE onE of thE bEst at culinaRy out of all thE clans.

WE lovE ouR food.

You should sEE thE REal mastERs. ThEy makE EvERything fRom scRatch. ThEy know whERE to dig foR tubERs, how to makE saucEs fRom anything, and thEiR hErbs aRE obtainEd fRom killing thE caRnivoRous plants.

I lEaRnEd how to makE a saucE fRom my gRandmothER whEn she compEtEd. It was madE fRom a poisonous plant callEd Eizol. It would havE gonE Extinct duE to how populaR it was but it spREads fast. But thanks to hER REcipE it's actually kEpt undER contRol.
Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:03 HEh. You'll lEaRn that JoRgal aRE onE of thE bEst at culinaRy out of all thE clans.

WE lovE ouR food.

You should sEE thE REal mastERs. ThEy makE EvERything fRom scRatch. ThEy know whERE to dig foR tubERs, how to makE saucEs fRom anything, and thEiR hErbs aRE obtainEd fRom killing thE caRnivoRous plants.

I lEaRnEd how to makE a saucE fRom my gRandmothER whEn she compEtEd. It was madE fRom a poisonous plant callEd Eizol. It would havE gonE Extinct duE to how populaR it was but it spREads fast. But thanks to hER REcipE it's actually kEpt undER contRol.
The reputation made it out here, certainly. That's one reason I really wanted to come and participate! I'm taking culinary classes and I don't want to learn just Citadel cooking fashion. I want stuff from our homeworld!
One of the things from Uncle Yend's recipe was one of the carnivorous plants from the border, actually. Makes sense since he lives there.

If they let me I might stick around after the festival to get some lessons from the locals before I return (I think I'm entering the category for slow burn anyway). I know there's a big feast at the end but I don't want to spend a month here and one meal to be my only sampling of real Jorgal cooking.
((Zur by Lavakh!))
Armax_Hammer

Post by Armax_Hammer »

Z-Sec wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 02:31 Oh thank Vaul. I was afraid I was gonna have to make eggs without salt. Or herbs. I'm all for cookin' my catches but meat-only for a month would get old.
My momma taught me how to find ways to flavor bland food. I don't know the jorgal territory that well so I'm askin around for pointers.
222_Drussbus wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 02:54 What's the list for Ryncakes? I may have had the sponsor throw in "paancake" ingredients for what we're bringing. No ryncol with yeah? I'd be spending a pek of time through customs, we'd be showing up days after it was over by then.
Yeah, no, that's exactly what ryncakes are without the ryncol :lol:

And of course got plenty ryncol here at the settlement so no worries there!

LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:03 HEh. You'll lEaRn that JoRgal aRE onE of thE bEst at culinaRy out of all thE clans.
See, Nakmor loves food too. Why can't our clans get along???

LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:03 You should sEE thE REal mastERs. ThEy makE EvERything fRom scRatch. ThEy know whERE to dig foR tubERs, how to makE saucEs fRom anything, and thEiR hErbs aRE obtainEd fRom killing thE caRnivoRous plants.
I think I ran into someone like that. He was old and I overheard him talkin to someone about making a bone marrow soup.
LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT

Z-Sec wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:10 I know there's a big feast at the end but I don't want to spend a month here and one meal to be my only sampling of real Jorgal cooking.
OnE mEal?

Armax_Hammer wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:21 See, Nakmor loves food too. Why can't our clans get along???
BEcausE NakmoR aRE doRks.

Armax_Hammer wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:21 I think I ran into someone like that. He was old and I overheard him talkin to someone about making a bone marrow soup.
That sounds likE Jorgal HRut. Or somEonE RElatEd. ThEy had a family REcipE for a maRRow soup madE fRom an animal callEd a tREskog.
222_Drussbus

Post by 222_Drussbus »

There might be a lot of extra ryncakes. I thought I was supplying it from the sponsor, so- yeah, yeah?

Just waiting to leave the station first. After two flight delays.
Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

It's funny 'cause they definitely have lots of rync but obviously the whole point of the contest is to get gains from your own hunt. So despite being a staple I assume they can't let any contestants have much of it!

Also wait how long does J'grargoto last? I thought it was ONE feast.
Last edited by Z-Sec on 08 Oct 2021, 03:45, edited 1 time in total.
((Zur by Lavakh!))
Armax_Hammer

Post by Armax_Hammer »

222_Drussbus wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:33 There might be a lot of extra ryncakes. I thought I was supplying it from the sponsor, so- yeah, yeah?

It's okay!

I will make SO MANY RYNCAKES B|

LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:30
BEcausE NakmoR aRE doRks.
YOURE A DORK!!!!!
Telefrag

Post by Telefrag »

222_Drussbus wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:33 There might be a lot of extra ryncakes. I thought I was supplying it from the sponsor, so- yeah, yeah?

I'm on the same flight. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SHIP.

I just want to party on Tuchanka :cry:
Chyla Varaden, ex-cabal office drone

The intangible is unstoppable
LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT

Z-Sec wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:35 Also wait how long does J'gRaRgoto last? I thought it was ONE feast.
It's a fEast that has moRE than onE mEal. EvERyonE contRibutEs thEiR own dishEs.
Armax_Hammer wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:38 YOURE A DORK!!!!!
WhatEvER you say, cRimE bag.
Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:47
Z-Sec wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:35 Also wait how long does J'gRaRgoto last? I thought it was ONE feast.
It's a fEast that has moRE than onE mEal. EvERyonE contRibutEs thEiR own dishEs.
Well. That's more than one meal by technicality. More than one meal, one sitting.
But I guess I'm gonna get a looooot of practice getting a lot of food in me in one sitting.

heh heh.
((Zur by Lavakh!))
LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT

I havE no idEa what you EvEn mEan.
222_Drussbus

Post by 222_Drussbus »

Telefrag wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:44

I'm on the same flight. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SHIP.

Look out the window. That has got to be the ugliest ship.
Rigmarole

Post by Rigmarole »

Telefrag wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 03:44 I'm on the same flight. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SHIP.

What do you two plan on doing for this event in particular?
Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

LEtMe TYPe dAMMiT wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 04:09 I havE no idEa what you EvEn mEan.
Somehow it made sense in my head.
I-
I think I’ve spent too much time out in the Furnace today. I’m going to go hydrate and sleep.
((Zur by Lavakh!))
sdri

Post by sdri »

aw, this sounds like so much fun, i wish i could take a month off to take part! i could probably use some weight on my bones, i can practically hide behind antennas :lol:
Telefrag

Post by Telefrag »

Rigmarole wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 04:38 What do you two plan on doing for this event in particular?
EATING! We’re gonna be sampling all the best krogan delicacies (or their closest dextro equivalents) for charity!

Imma try to get some hunting in as well! I’m just excited to see Tuchanka and learn about krogan culture
222_Drussbus wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 04:11 Look out the window. That has got to be the ugliest ship.
At first I pitied the ship for its ugliness. Now all I feel is hate :evil:
Chyla Varaden, ex-cabal office drone

The intangible is unstoppable
Armax_Hammer

Post by Armax_Hammer »

Telefrag wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 05:06 Imma try to get some hunting in as well! I’m just excited to see Tuchanka and learn about krogan culture
YEAH! Oh boy you guys'll have so much fun!! Lemme know when you guys get here an I'll be waitin at the landin docks!
222_Drussbus wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 04:11 Look out the window. That has got to be the ugliest ship.
Telefrag wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 05:06 At first I pitied the ship for its ugliness. Now all I feel is hate :evil:
Is the ship THAT bad? mebbe I can spot you before you can tell me! :lol:

Z-Sec wrote: 08 Oct 2021, 04:39 I think I’ve spent too much time out in the Furnace today. I’m going to go hydrate and sleep.
GOOD IDEA!

Tuchanka is hot but wow I never felt anythin like the gusts of wind the furnace is dishin out 🥵