My Dehumidifier Took a Leap of Faith Out My Window

Stay up-to-date with the latest news and discussions from across the galaxy!
#2d4b75

My Dehumidifier Took a Leap of Faith Out My Window

Post by #2d4b75 »

It unfortunately didn't survive the several story plummet. Don't ask, it's a long story, and I am a very, very tired and broken man.

Ihiki has been kind enough to provide me with one of her old dehumidifiers, but the poor thing screams in agony when it's running. While she may call me ungrateful for the generous offering she has bestowed upon me, I prefer my things not to make me wish I were dead. Or deaf. Or both. Rafil cursed, I just want this damn thing out of my home.

I'm going to requisition a new one, but I was hoping for some recommendations. My last one (may it rest in pieces) was ancient, but it did the job, so I'm not very up to date on the new fancy models. I figure if I have to get a new one, I may as well treat myself to something nice. Preferably something I don't have to dump water out of every hour or so, as fun as that was in my daily routine. I have a few models picked out, but they're all standard utilitarian. There's no fun in that.

So tell me, CDN. Am I preaching to the void or are there actually fun models out there that won't immediately explode upon impact of being thrown out the window?

I can't believe I have to kid-proof my dehumidifier. Talk about things I never thought I'd say.
Kodiak Cobalt | Asset 2475
Information Technician
Invitation

Re: My Dehumidifier Took a Leap of Faith Out My Window

Post by Invitation »

#2d4b75 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 22:56 Rafil cursed,
You raaaaaaaaanggggg, my dearest, most bluest of cheeses?

The Hydroslong BU-77 is a volus humidifier that has a 14 gallon tank! It won't go empty for a LONG time.

Granted, considering the whole WATER thing, it's actually designed to humidify warehouses and irritate other other ammonia critters to keep 'em at bay by the power of POISON and/or ACID. Granted, as you are no brommonia it will PROBABLY make things

nice

and

moissssst

As it was designed with INDUSTRIAL UTILITY in mind and meant to be set up, minded, and occasionally repaired by bored vol-clan workers, it ALSO has a built in sound system with connection to the 'net for setting up the

Code: Select all

SICKEST PLAYLIST TO POISON SMALL CREATURES TO VOL 2
Oh, ALSO it has like PROGRAMMABLE COLOR LIGHTING.

So like, that's rad.

I think it's been discontinued AND ruled a "C R I M E" by the lamest of bureaucratic nerdplops to actually own one but you are NOT IN BALLSPACE

I have taken the liberty of ordering TWO.

WE CAN SYNC OUR PLAYLISTS BESTIE
Aphin's Place - Level 31, Zakera Ward. Best Pyjak Made Drinks on the Citadel

All view expressed are personal, but shared explicitly by the owner
#2d4b75

Post by #2d4b75 »

Kettle do you know what dehumidifier means?
Invitation wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 03:44 You raaaaaaaaanggggg, my dearest, most bluest of cheeses?
Kinda like that one. Got a chuckle from me.
Information Technician
Invitation

Post by Invitation »

Always lead with cheese.
#2d4b75 wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 03:51 Kettle do you know what dehumidifier means?

How VERY dare you

PFFFT

Laughable.

Ridiculous to even suggest that I wouldn't. The very idea is
ugh

psh

Like, I know what a DEhumidifier is
okayIdidn'tevenreadthepostIjustsawhumidifier

brb

#2d4b75

Post by #2d4b75 »

I expect the next model you find to also have shared listening parties in addition to playlist functionality as well as remote color changing capabilities from anywhere at anytime. How else will I know we are on the same wavelength?

I'm sure you can find something like that. I'll even commit to putting googly eyes on it for you.
Information Technician
#daabff

Post by #daabff »

#2d4b75 wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 22:56 It unfortunately didn't survive the several story plummet.
Oh, but glorious it was, the fall an echo of a jackdaw crowing. Such beauty as the bits sprang up like confetti during one of Nitsu's festivals. Art for the Soul to envelope through the Eyes of the Gods. Would one deny a little girl the chance to experience such celestial enlightenment of a dehumidifier exploding into a million pieces on the concrete street?

Would one deny a little girl her calling from the Gods themselves?

I do not regret anything, Bossman.
Queendom

Post by Queendom »

Aren't you grounded, Missy? What are you doing on the extranet?

Do I need to tell Ar'ch-i?
💜 Ihiki Kais 💜
(Kiki if you're saucy!)
#daabff

Post by #daabff »

NO!

Snitch.
Invitation

Post by Invitation »

#2d4b75 wrote: 18 Nov 2021, 04:20 I expect the next model you find to also have shared listening parties in addition to playlist functionality as well as remote color changing capabilities from anywhere at anytime. How else will I know we are on the same wavelength?

I'm sure you can find something like that. I'll even commit to putting googly eyes on it for you.
HMMMM

So far the one I like has color selecting features but you have to add different metal powders for it. Bit analog but it LOOKS NEAT.

It DOES have a problem getting going if things are already too MOIST though.

And there's a bit of a problem child-proofing it, as it does tend to

spr e a d out a bit.

Armax_Hammer

Post by Armax_Hammer »

Invitation wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 00:25 And there's a bit of a problem child-proofing it, as it does tend to

spr e a d out a bit.
No worries, Kettle, jes send all the packing peanuts to me!
Being a good person doesn't mean you fit the life of every person you meet
Dani

Post by Dani »

throwing things off high places is fun u should do it more
((avatar by the wonder Armax_Hammer))
#2d4b75

Post by #2d4b75 »

Sometimes I wonder if I really did die in the war and my whole life after is just the Gods tormenting me for the misdeeds I committed while I was alive. Sigh.
Invitation wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 00:25 So far the one I like has color selecting features but you have to add different metal powders for it. Bit analog but it LOOKS NEAT.
I would then need a metal subscription box. Gotta keep things fresh and new. Adding powder could replace the need to empty it. I... wouldn't need to empty this model would I? Deal breaker.
It DOES have a problem getting going if things are already too MOIST though.
An unfortunate con on a planet that is 90% ocean.
And there's a bit of a problem child-proofing it, as it does tend to

spr e a d out a bit.
And I find this too troublesome to even begin to ask what exactly it means.
Armax_Hammer wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 00:39 No worries, Kettle, jes send all the packing peanuts to me!
You are more than welcome to both the packing peanuts and the box they come in, Miss Branka. In fact I'm sure I have more stowed away somewhere in storage I can send with them.
Dani wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 00:46 throwing things off high places is fun u should do it more
I understand this will mean nothing to you but I beg of you not to encourage her. I want to really push just how tired and broken I am.
Information Technician