Inusannon? Archaeological stuff?

Stay up-to-date with the latest news and discussions from across the galaxy!
SlowAndSteady*

Inusannon? Archaeological stuff?

Post by SlowAndSteady* »

Hi.

Look, Xuumo has this place in his 'tool memory, he's here pretty often.

Does anyone know anything about any recent finds or stuff with the inusannon? They're a dead race, I know no-one knows much about them. And, yeah, before you ask, of course I looked at the usual 'extranet resources' and crap. But that's just the stuff that everyone knows. I'm guessing this is more word-of-mouth thing in a few regions, and you can't rely on the 'net now anyway because so much stuff that's happened since the war isn't really on record yet. So does anyone know whether we've learned anything new about any inusannon relics or really old influence in the Silean Nebula or the Annos Basin? Anything uncovered in the rebuilding or when Reapers did their thing? I know there's nothing big and important or we'd all have heard, but little things?

Or anyone I can get in contact with who might know? 'Cause you people have weird contacts all over.

Thanks.

Xuumo, when you read this: Crysto says things. I'm not going to ask you because you won't tell me. I get it, okay? You can't have someone who just relies on someone else to tell him stuff, that makes them pretty useless. You left me to handle things when you went on that job to the Alliance. Well, I'm getting ready in case you need me to do it again. Crysto and the others have mentioned this stuff about inusannon, and they're not going to take me seriously unless I know what they know. I can't just ask because then that just proves I'm not worth their time. So I'm making sure I can hold my own. I'm "cultivating some resources", and this place looks like it's worth it. I mean, this is how you found me, right? Also, Vess won't take me seriously unless I can show her I know how this political stuff works.

Vess, in case you end up on here (you never know, right?), this is just one of those family politics things. I know you salarians have different ways of talking about your personal matters and your secrets and shit, I'm good at picking up on them because I've had a lot of practice at reading all that subtle crap since I started living among elcor. I don't know how to show it properly myself, though, so I can't give you the right cues. But this is elcor stuff.
Shadow_Pyjak

Re: Inusannon? Archaeological stuff?

Post by Shadow_Pyjak »

Honestly, finding anything substantial from before the Prothean Empire is unlikely. Hell, we barely find anything by the Protheans except for a few very lucky places like that thing on Mars.

Not to mention the whole incident with the Reapers throwing in doubt about what is or is not actual Prothean tech (we thought the relays and Citadel were Prothean made for centuries remember~) and going even further back than that makes things even murkier. We've founds hints of the existence of species before the Protheans here and there, yeah. But the Reapers and natural erosion of time have rendered them mostly invisible.

But how I long to see what life was like even further back on the galactic timescale :(
((avatar by the wonderful Armax_Hammer!!))
Triskele

Post by Triskele »

What, if I may ask, is your interest in the Inusannon? 'Everything' is a rather broad term, and if I was given a more precise area of what you are looking for, I may be of some help.

If you are not comfortable discussing such in public, please feel free to send me a private message.
May you never forget what is worth remembering, nor ever remember what is best forgotten.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Niamh Callaghan, Acquisitions, Museum of Galactic History
VoluSophistication

Post by VoluSophistication »

SlowAndSteady* wrote:Hi.
what in the suit-spraying palaven-shaming molten pits of Vol are YOU?
I am better than, know better than, and have lived longer than you.
SlowAndSteady*

Post by SlowAndSteady* »

Patient clarification: Much as Cerberus Daily News is not an ideal forum for research, I find that I cannot fault the... unusual approach my ward has taken to gathering information, particularly as regards rumours and gossip.

With somewhat withering tone: Be it the N8 Program or the Mothman, this place knows its rumours.

Reasoned: In serious consideration, as... what is the word?...'grapevines' go, this forum is a useful place to gain insight into what is happening across the galaxy, beneath the radar of the usual sources. Pointed qualifier: Assuming one has the experience and wisdom to sieve the insightful from the nonsensical or the suspicious.

Politely: Please excuse Alonso. He tends to distrust the official channels. A consequence of personal history. And he is sometimes hasty.

Anger, with hints of satisfaction: Quite how he managed to get my password I have no idea.
VoluSophistication wrote: what in the suit-spraying palaven-shaming molten pits of Vol are YOU?
With great restraint: He is a generally intelligent creature.

Laden with pointed implication: Unlike some others who choose to post here.

Dangerous: Although he has his lapses.
Shadow_Pyjak

Post by Shadow_Pyjak »

SlowAndSteady* wrote: With somewhat withering tone: Be it the N8 Program or the Mothman, this place knows its rumours.
Both of these are as real as the Inusannon, my friend. In fact, we have more evidence of the Mothman existing than we do of the Inusannon!
((avatar by the wonderful Armax_Hammer!!))
VoluSophistication

Post by VoluSophistication »

Why bother chasing nonsense when you could just write me a lengthy explanation of WHAT YOU ACTUALLY ARE YOU BIZARRE CREATURE.
I am better than, know better than, and have lived longer than you.