CDN Art Thread

The year is 2021, and the planet is Earth.
CitizenSoldier76

Re: CDN Art Thread

Post by CitizenSoldier76 »

Thank you guys!
Pterion wrote:
CitizenSoldier76 wrote:So much amazing art in here. I do art, too! I'd love to do art trades with people, or make you art for free. I'm nervous about doing it for money, though! XD

And I've got a whole lot more, but I don't want to flood this chat with them XD
I'm still looking for an avatar. If you could make an asari with turian facial tattoos, that would help me a lot. My character's from Palaven, and the CDN wiki article on turian tattoo patterns is here: https://cdn.fandom.com/wiki/Turian_Tattoo_Patterns

There's no official pattern for New Cirilis, my character's home city, so feel free to be creative. All you need to do is make sure it's the right size for CDN to accept it as an avatar.
Oooh I’d love to! What’s your name on the Discord so I can be sending you progress images? I’ll make you a big (3/4 or bust) pic, and a cropped avatar version. Just like I did with Fidellion’s.
Pterion

Post by Pterion »

I'm not really on the discord, it would be easiest if you posted here in the thread. (I think I have an account there that I haven't logged into since I signed up.)

I don't need a big picture, I'm just looking for an avatar.
Stygian

Post by Stygian »

that is some superb art CitizenSoldier76 :)

it's always nice to see turians in dresses :P
((avatar done by the wonderful Armax_Hammer))
CitizenSoldier76

Post by CitizenSoldier76 »

Pterion - I hope you don’t mind, but to get enough detail in for the cropped/resized avatar I usually have to draw a larger image. Otherwise it’ll look really bad if I draw it at the original pixels. If I draw it big, then crop and resize it, it’ll look perfect I’d think. I do draw them with the cropping in mind, I just can’t line and shade it at the original size. But I’ll try what I can, when I’m not working on streaming. Been pretty busy with that lately! :). Once I get started I’ll definitely have questions about it for ya! I love your character and her concept and I’m so happy to draw her! In character, my Turian finds her to be pretty cool too,

Stygian - Yus! My froiend helps me design some of the outfits. She’s really good with birb-people fashion!
Nova

Post by Nova »

Damn, that's some nice art there!
-Black Nova PMC-

Security, Smuggling, Infiltration, Assassination and much more. Currently hiring.
Contact for further information, prices and job offers.
AtmoBurn

Post by AtmoBurn »

CitizenSoldier76 wrote:So much amazing art in here. I do art, too! I'd love to do art trades with people, or make you art for free. I'm nervous about doing it for money, though! XD
I'd be down for seeing your interpretation of Caldus. and I can do a trade too, if you like, though I pretty much only do pencil sketches. You can find my post a bit above yours.
CCpt. Michael Thandris
Command Officer, 2nd Commandos 'Heaven's Wrath'

Please click here for more information regarding the History and Policies of Orbital Solutions, Inc.
Neila_Soree

Post by Neila_Soree »

Just going to drop in here out of nowhere, and share a resource thingy.
I've been thinking lately about making more free-to-use lineart bases for people if they want em. If you wanna use these to make an avatar, or have a reference if you want to commission an artist for your chara, or anything like that, feel free to grab a copy and make something of it!

Each upload has a link to a fullsize transparent version in the description text.
You can fill it in and upload it wherever you like, with the one rule I have being No Monetizing it. You can't take these bases and make adopts, or anything like that. Made the free stuff for people to be able to use for free!

I only have a few right now, but I'll try and swing by and update as I get a few more, too. No promises I can get around to all the races (can't draw Krogan to save my life, for example), but I've got a newer Asari planned alongside these.
All my lineart is made to have connected lineart, so you should be able to fill in a lot just with a paintbucket tool if you're not very artistically inclined.

Samples/Links to uploads:

Quarian (Female) https://www.deviantart.com/jesterdk/art/Quarian-FREE-TO-USE-LINES-832358420

Drell (Male) https://www.deviantart.com/jesterdk/art/Drell-Free-To-Use-Lineart-812711549

Turian (Male) https://www.deviantart.com/jesterdk/art/FREE-TO-USE-Male-Turian-LINES-826999124

Asari (Beach/Swimwear) https://www.deviantart.com/jesterdk/art/Beach-Asari-LINES-782231621

Turian (Female) https://www.deviantart.com/jesterdk/art/Turian-Female-FREE-TO-USE-LINES-832687413
----------------------------------------------------> // About Neila // About Lusia //
Lavakh.

Post by Lavakh. »

YO.
I especially love the drell!
Services currently unavailable.

((avatar by Armax!))
Neila_Soree

Post by Neila_Soree »

Only like the third time I've ever tried to draw one, and I feel sucky at it, but here's a new Salarian one, too.

Salarian: https://www.deviantart.com/jesterdk/art/Salarian-FREE-TO-USE-LINES-833316330
----------------------------------------------------> // About Neila // About Lusia //
Lavakh.

Post by Lavakh. »

Hey, y'all. :D

Those of you on the discord or who follow me on tumblr may already know this, but due to the big C- word, my boyfriend's hours have been cut at work and the unemployment office has been so swamped we can't get any assistance in that regard (our state allows for partial unemployment for situations such as these) so as of right now we're kinda SOL.
Because of this, I have opened up commissions for character portraits in exchange for Ko-fi donations. I'm not charging a whole lot, I know times are rough for all of us right now, but any little bit is greatly appreciated.

To look at examples of my work, you can check out my Ko-fi and my art blog.

Thank you all so much <3
Services currently unavailable.

((avatar by Armax!))
Nova

Post by Nova »

Reviving thread to just leave this here. Friend of mine surprised me with a commission of good ole Aleena with Destiny 2 gear.
-Black Nova PMC-

Security, Smuggling, Infiltration, Assassination and much more. Currently hiring.
Contact for further information, prices and job offers.
Plurplexure

Post by Plurplexure »

Got some amazing art of Hamno from Lavakh! :D
((Icon by Crystallized0Rose, a good friend))
vennik

Post by vennik »

Look at all the great art in here!! Glad I found this thread
I’ve posted these on my tumblr but I’ll share them here, if that is ok! A bigger version of my blurry icon and some sketches of my guy lol
VV (Virtual Varren) friend code: XXXX01938372639522748492747a
Add me if you want. Have walk tokens and will help with 1000 Pal achievement.
Armax_Hammer

Post by Armax_Hammer »

These are some FANTASTIC expressions 👌👀
Being a good person doesn't mean you fit the life of every person you meet
vennik

Post by vennik »

Armax_Hammer wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 01:24 These are some FANTASTIC expressions 👌👀
Thank you! He’s really fun to draw 👌 but YOO I have been seeing ur art and the avatars you’ve done for people! I rly like ur work!!
VV (Virtual Varren) friend code: XXXX01938372639522748492747a
Add me if you want. Have walk tokens and will help with 1000 Pal achievement.
Flash of Light

Post by Flash of Light »

Hamno had grabbed a slot on LoachFish's emergency commissions and I was greatly surprised when he gifted me the opportunity to have something drawn on my wishes instead.

I haven't had the geth seen realized in art yet.

Z-Sec

Post by Z-Sec »

So I just realized that I got this art from Loach and have been using it as an avatar but never actually posted the full version here. So belated but doing so now because it deserves it!
((Zur by Lavakh!))
beatinnocent

Post by beatinnocent »

i'm going to drop this here! no examples, but drawing one of the alien races here would be about the same as long as they're humanoid. might ask for a tiny bit extra for something like turians or krogan due to the extra parts and effort required, but probably not a whole lot. more info here.

and some other art examples linked below because i don't wanna take up a whole entire page by actually posting the image.
general example 1
chibi example 1
general example 2 (simple bg)
chibi example 2

i should note im probably gonna be a little slow on any upcoming art (planning to draw my little salarian guy here soon, but im somewhat busy) due to real life obligations + playing in a tabletop-esque rpg most days.

Contact Me About Interior Design Inquiries. :)
222_Drussbus

Post by 222_Drussbus »

Finally have a full (armoured) reference for Smol-Tol-Mercenary, with much thanks to Telefrag for the awesome commission! :)

(( Icon by Armax_Hammer))