Kindest greetings!

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Irutam

Re: Kindest greetings!

Post by Irutam »

@Delicious Chew Toy
Delicious Chew Toy wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 00:00 Honestly, I haven't really seen them all that much, at least until it's time to really go nuclear on someone. I just happen to attract all the luck when it comes to entertaining their sense of humor.

as with many other facets of my life, you could say
I see. Now your name is making way more sense! My first impression was you had a thing for pet toys haha my bad! ^^
I encourage it. Helps to gauge who's posting in good faith (and otherwise).
I'll be taking notes then! Thank you ^^

@Invitation
Invitation wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 00:04
WELL I suppose that depends on your particular definition of 'alive'

I'm a VI that he built (or actually had built) to commemorate how GREAT HE WAS and HOW MUCH THE LADIES LOVED HIM

And I did that for a few years on the day of his death. And now I do that but also I'm just on all the time.

SO IF A REALLY GOOD VI PERSONALITY counts as alive to you, that's how.

I count it, anyway.
I think it counts too. You're not spewing spam constantly and you seem to have a unique personality of your own. Kudos to your creator!

@Cobalt
#2d4b75 wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 00:11
CDN really is turning into the Cantankerous Drell Network isn't it?

Interesting. I believe you and I read from different books. Where are you from if you don't mind sharing?
Oh! Are there more drell here?

I was born and raised on Rakhana. Out of the tribe Safah. I don't run into many of our kind from Rakhana or those who grew up on Kajhe.

I wouldn't call myself cantankerous more like flustered or flabbergasted.
My apologies. A lighthearted tone is not easy to relay across the extranet when I drip it with sarcasm. I see both of your points.
I appreciate and accept your apology!
You will find it very believable that my humor is far dryer than my Lungs would like to be.
If it helps dry humor is associated with a deadpan delivery. And deadpan via text is simply well...proper grammar I suppose haha!
It's so very hard to please the in-laws.
What a strange family you have married into!

@222_Drussbus
222_Drussbus wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 00:56 Hi. Medics are always the best, so you got my respect already
That's very kind of you! Thank you Druss!
Mine? It's just three things about me.

222 = The auxiliary battalion I was in when I joined.
Druss = My name. Or part of it yeah?
Bus = Nickname I picked up while in the military. It also rhymes.
That is clever and Drussbus is fun to say too!
Adrektoh's wrath turns the world to winter, the will of the elder sister Irutam shall cause an age of growth.
Icon art belongs to Lintufriikki, edits done by myself
Rhapsody in Taupe

Post by Rhapsody in Taupe »

Irutam wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 19:03 That's not cryptic at all hahaha ^^;;;

Thank you for the welcome Delicious Chew Toy. Wow, that's quite the name. Actually you all have very interesting screen names. Can you tell me more about them? I would like to make more posts so I can make it to five.
Najhil's is pretty simple. Najhil likes to sing (though Najhil has actually not sung much in some Time...) and Najhil's Feathers are Taupe. ^v^
((OoC: Avatar by Dagger_for_hire))
#2d4b75

Post by #2d4b75 »

Irutam wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 02:19 Oh! Are there more drell here?
There are a few that I know of. Ms. Queendom and I grew up together.
I was born and raised on Rakhana. Out of the tribe Safah. I don't run into many of our kind from Rakhana or those who grew up on Kajhe.
I imagine with your travels you don't run into many drell in general, no less from our homeworlds.

Ah, Rakhana. I've been many places in this galaxy but never there. What was it like for you?
What a strange family you have married into!
Indeed.
Kodiak Cobalt | Asset 2475
Information Technician
CODY_ABS

Post by CODY_ABS »

Irutam wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 02:19
I think it counts too. You're not spewing spam constantly and you seem to have a unique personality of your own. Kudos to your creator!
THIS ONE CAN STAY, GUYS.
EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH FOR 47 YEARS RUNNING, Aphin's Place - Level 31, Zakera Ward. Best Pyjak Made Drinks on the Citadel

All view expressed are personal, but shared explicitly by the owner

VIP of VUK!?

Creator of the MATE CRATE
Irutam

Post by Irutam »

@Rhapsody in Taupe
Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 03:00 Najhil's is pretty simple. Najhil likes to sing (though Najhil has actually not sung much in some Time...) and Najhil's Feathers are Taupe. ^v^
That sounds lovely! ^^ Did you sing professionally or as a hobby?

I must apologize also. In my panic and the flurry if replies I completely overlooked your earlier question. I work under a private ship. I have been with it's crew for a few years now. Ever since the big war I believe. My employer never thought to replace me so I must be doing a good job haha!

@Cobalt
#2d4b75 wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 20:21 There are a few that I know of. Ms. Queendom and I grew up together.
You're the only two here then? It's better than no drell at all!
I imagine with your travels you don't run into many drell in general, no less from our homeworlds.

Ah, Rakhana. I've been many places in this galaxy but never there. What was it like for you?
Hard but it was the only life I knew. The drell who survive there have their own tribes. Some are aggressive but others are peaceful who only want to do what they can to make a life on our world.

My tribe Safah is of the latter. It can be bleak when your home is considered a cemetery planet. But Irutam who is one of our deities of growth always seems to give us small signs of encouragement telling us not to give up!

@Invitation
Invitation wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 22:35 THIS ONE CAN STAY, GUYS.
Really?!

I made it past five posts too! Excellent!!! ^^

Thank you all for helping me reach the goal!
Adrektoh's wrath turns the world to winter, the will of the elder sister Irutam shall cause an age of growth.
Rhapsody in Taupe

Irutam wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 21:04 That sounds lovely! ^^ Did you sing professionally or as a hobby?
Honestly, Najhil has never considered Singing professionally! :lol:

Najhil is a Botanist-in-Training by Profession! ^v^

I must apologize also. In my panic and the flurry if replies I completely overlooked your earlier question. I work under a private ship. I have been with it's crew for a few years now. Ever since the big war I believe. My employer never thought to replace me so I must be doing a good job haha!
Wow, ever since the War? Najhil is envious of that Level of Job Security!
#2d4b75

Post by #2d4b75 »

Irutam wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 21:04 You're the only two here then? It's better than no drell at all!
No. There are four I know of, including me. Last I heard lacertilia wasn't dead, but I can't be certain, and I have not seen UnspokenKing post in some time - though it has only been recently that I have become active again. I suspect there are a few others as well, but lack the proof.
Hard but it was the only life I knew. The drell who survive there have their own tribes. Some are aggressive but others are peaceful who only want to do what they can to make a life on our world.

My tribe Safah is of the latter. It can be bleak when your home is considered a cemetery planet.
Very different from the hyper-modernization of how I grew up. Dome cities don't really give off that 'hard desert life'. I suppose I'm spoiled, despite the double edged sword. I've always wanted to visit someday, if nothing else to at least see the world we left behind. I admit I was taught surprisingly little about Rahkana. Something about new beginnings?

I don't know. I was 8. I don't remember the entirety of that year.
But Irutam who is one of our deities of growth always seems to give us small signs of encouragement telling us not to give up!
Interesting. I do not know of a deity of growth necessarily, but there is Olabisia of whom guides the cycle of life and agriculture, simply put. I was also taught it was Amonkira who taught us how to use our memory. I've not heard of Edriron before now. It makes me wonder how far of a bastardization has occurred from us on Kahje. I get the feeling you would not recognize much of what I was taught, ha.

Pardon, I do not mean to take over your introduction as a place for this conversation. I am merely curious. I do not often talk about religion with others.

It does give a very sweet meaning to your username. I should expect encouragement from you, then. That is a joke.
Thank you all for helping me reach the goal!
Congrats. I do hope you stick around. It would be nice to not be the only one cursed to relive every dick joke ever made on this forum.
Information Technician
Hot Crimson Crest

Post by Hot Crimson Crest »

Well helllo there, Red. Welcome to the forums. Looks like you're adapting well here.

Usually I like to introduce myself loud and proud but I wanna go slow like, you know?

So hey. My name's Nakmor Vuk. How's it going?
Irutam

Post by Irutam »

@Rhapsody in Taupe
Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 22:42 Honestly, Najhil has never considered Singing professionally! :lol:

Najhil is a Botanist-in-Training by Profession! ^v^
What kind of songs did you like to sing?

Oh a botanist! That's excellent! As a medic I also study herbology! I would love to learn about what knowledge you have about the plants you've studied and cared for! ^^
Wow, ever since the War? Najhil is envious of that Level of Job Security!
It was by necessity then because of the war and I had experience of being a medic on the field. After it all ended the captain in charge offered more permanent positions on his crew. You could say we became a found family ^^

@Cobalt
#2d4b75 wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 00:11 No. There are four I know of, including me. Last I heard lacertilia wasn't dead, but I can't be certain, and I have not seen UnspokenKing post in some time - though it has only been recently that I have become active again. I suspect there are a few others as well, but lack the proof.
That's a shame. I hope wherever they are they're safe.
Very different from the hyper-modernization of how I grew up. Dome cities don't really give off that 'hard desert life'. I suppose I'm spoiled, despite the double edged sword. I've always wanted to visit someday, if nothing else to at least see the world we left behind. I admit I was taught surprisingly little about Rahkana. Something about new beginnings?

I don't know. I was 8. I don't remember the entirety of that year.
I imagine drell raised on Kajhe wouldn't be taught much about it. Rakhana is considered a lost cause to many drell and hanar alike.

It breaks my heart honestly.
Interesting. I do not know of a deity of growth necessarily, but there is Olabisia of whom guides the cycle of life and agriculture, simply put. I was also taught it was Amonkira who taught us how to use our memory. I've not heard of Edriron before now. It makes me wonder how far of a bastardization has occurred from us on Kahje. I get the feeling you would not recognize much of what I was taught, ha.
Drell culture is diverse! I've grown up with the stories how the hanar have made uhm attempts to stamp out Rakhanas more violent religious aspects by leaving them out of teachings. The idea is if they politely ignore it then it will go away. Hanar believe it's best to kill with kindness. But it's still killing. .___.

Warring tribes on Rakhana faced this issue. Historically they couldn't censor beliefs of captured rivals because of our eidetic memories so every custom and deity is remembered. It was easier to merge faiths. And that's why we have a pantheon!

I know of Amonkira and I'm aware other tribes follow gods/goddesses of harvest so maybe Olabisia is one of them. The drell who took the exodus to Kajhe are descendants of those left behind. So it's a possibility!
Pardon, I do not mean to take over your introduction as a place for this conversation. I am merely curious. I do not often talk about religion with others.

It does give a very sweet meaning to your username. I should expect encouragement from you, then. That is a joke.
I don't mind! It was very refreshing and I hope I did not cause any offense voicing my thoughts. It's all very fascinating to me. If you ever want to discuss more we can always take the conversation elsewhere!

Haha! Well since I'm using Irutam's name I will begin by encouraging more fun conversations like this. Hows that sound?
Congrats. I do hope you stick around. It would be nice to not be the only one cursed to relive every dick joke ever made on this forum.
Haha! I don't mind lewd jokes. It would be nice to increase my repertoire of quips and surprise my crewmates.

@Hot Crimson Crest
Hot Crimson Crest wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 05:00 Well helllo there, Red. Welcome to the forums. Looks like you're adapting well here.

Usually I like to introduce myself loud and proud but I wanna go slow like, you know?

So hey. My name's Nakmor Vuk. How's it going?
0\\\0 H-hey! You can call me Famke. Thanks for your kind welcome Mr. Vuk. I can see by your icon that your screen name is aptly titled.
TEETH

Post by TEETH »

Hello. You are from your species homeworld then?

What was your tribe like?

((Avatar by Armax!))
#2d4b75

Post by #2d4b75 »

Irutam wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 21:30Haha! Well since I'm using Irutam's name I will begin by encouraging more fun conversations like this. Hows that sound?
Be careful what you promise. I might expect a new thread with you as it's author.
Information Technician
Rhapsody in Taupe

Irutam wrote: 28 Apr 2022, 21:30 What kind of songs did you like to sing?
Najhil likes to sing Hymns, but Najhil also enjoys singing Soul or even Show Tunes. Najhil likes Music that Najhil gets to really belt out!

Oh a botanist! That's excellent! As a medic I also study herbology! I would love to learn about what knowledge you have about the plants you've studied and cared for! ^^
Ooh! Najhil would love to hear about Famke's Knowledge as well! Najhil's Specialty is in late-Stage Terraforming and Habitat Restoration, but Najhil also has a particular Interest in hydroponic Agriculture! ^v^

It was by necessity then because of the war and I had experience of being a medic on the field. After it all ended the captain in charge offered more permanent positions on his crew. You could say we became a found family ^^
Najhil is glad that Famke managed to find a Family. Najhil was quite alone for a few Years after the War and only found Belonging once Najhil found the Church.
Rigmarole

Post by Rigmarole »

Someone mentioned plants and now I have to be nosey.

What kind of plant life does your homeworld have?
Irutam

Post by Irutam »

@TEETH
TEETH wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 00:11 Hello. You are from your species homeworld then?

What was your tribe like?
Hello! Yup I was born and raised on Rakhana.

Let's see. Tribe Safa is its name. We are a small group like most tribes and we had no more than thirty numbers which was for safety. As a child my great grandparents led our tribe but it's not hierarchical though. Someone outside our family who sought asylum proved their worth and trust and in time became the “Kefa” our head figure.

As an aside…

Normally it's difficult to leave home but in our culture the color red is a bad omen. And as you see by my avatar I am a red drell. So while my family did love me. Our new Kefa saw me with loathing. When I was twenty he paid to have me shipped off world because he feared I would endanger our tribe.

I want to return someday. I have been traveling from place to place learning about medicine and herbalism. Any knowledge I could return with to prove I am not an ill omen.

And even if this is my introduction space I would like to exchange information! Tell me a little about yourself. ^^

@Cobalt
#2d4b75 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 00:44 Be careful what you promise. I might expect a new thread with you as it's author.
You can trust I’ll make one without prompting. ^^ And the expectation goes both ways. I encourage you as well!

@Rhapsody in Taupe
Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 06:52 Najhil likes to sing Hymns, but Najhil also enjoys singing Soul or even Show Tunes. Najhil likes Music that Najhil gets to really belt out!
Oh yes! That is the best kind of singing.

Especially when no one is around to hear or watch hahah!
Ooh! Najhil would love to hear about Famke's Knowledge as well! Najhil's Specialty is in late-Stage Terraforming and Habitat Restoration, but Najhil also has a particular Interest in hydroponic Agriculture! ^v^
Oh Najhil you are a blessing of Irutam! That's not offensive to your culture is it?

Would it be possible to ask for any recommendations such as books or essays on these topics? These sound absolutely fascinating and right up my alley in regards to a personal goal of mine.
Najhil is glad that Famke managed to find a Family. Najhil was quite alone for a few Years after the War and only found Belonging once Najhil found the Church.
After I left home the isolation was near unbearable. We need friendship, people to talk to and a sense of belonging and security.

I can only imagine what you felt and I'm glad you found belonging. ^^

@Rigmarole
Rigmarole wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 22:11 Someone mentioned plants and now I have to be nosey.

What kind of plant life does your homeworld have?
Haha I don't mind at all! Be nosy and I hope that can lead to more meetings with kindred spirits!

As a desert planet there is a lot of self-sustaining plant life out there. We were taught which ones held water and what petals make a good salve.

As an example the first one I learned about was Draol. It bears a similar appearance to earth cacti! But the insides are a bright yellow and the pulp is sweet. Because of the fact it made an excellent tea! My mother taught me how to peel its prickly exterior and boil it. Sadly they were harder to find as I got older.
Hot Crimson Crest

Post by Hot Crimson Crest »

Irutam wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 03:04 Normally it's difficult to leave home but in our culture the color red is a bad omen.
Any knowledge I could return with to prove I am not an ill omen.
LIES! ALL LIES!!

Red is an amazing color and it sucks this Kefa can't appreciate it. As you said, I am APTLY NAMED because my plates have unique markings that look like FIRE 🔥

From one firey friend to another you keep BURNING WITH PASSION
Irutam

Post by Irutam »

0u0 That's very uplifting! Thank you so much I'll try and see it that way!!
Rhapsody in Taupe

Irutam wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 03:04 Oh Najhil you are a blessing of Irutam! That's not offensive to your culture is it?
Haha! Najhil appreciates the Compliment! ^v^

And no, Najhil is not offended. Though Najhil is pretty sure that many other Va'liavas may be. Najhil has been scolded a few Times for giving Outsiders too much Credence, but Najhil sees no Harm in hearing Outside Ideas so long as Najhil continues to follow the Path.

Would it be possible to ask for any recommendations such as books or essays on these topics? These sound absolutely fascinating and right up my alley in regards to a personal goal of mine.
Of course! Najhil recommends Desertification: A Comprehensive Overview by Matriarch Agrada, Life Finds a Way by Granas and Malcom, and Modern Problems, Ancient Solutions by Urdnot Kubad.

Not on the Topic of Habitat Restoration, but Najhil also recommends Creations of The Void: A Compilation of Tuchanka's Flora and Fauna by CDN's own Raik Turak! Tuchanka is an excellent Case Study on Habitats that crawled back from the Brink of total Annihilation and has has Species to look at for potential Introduction in the Event that a Habitat is beyond saving with native Flora alone.
Please note that extensive Environmental Impact Studies need to be performed before safely introducing non-native Lifeforms to a Planet's Biosphere. Especially Species that multiply as aggressively as Species from Tuchanka.

After I left home the isolation was near unbearable. We need friendship, people to talk to and a sense of belonging and security.

I can only imagine what you felt and I'm glad you found belonging. ^^
Yes, feeling alone can be quite Painful. Najhil is glad that Famke found Belonging as well! ^v^

As an example the first one I learned about was Draol. It bears a similar appearance to earth cacti! But the insides are a bright yellow and the pulp is sweet. Because of the fact it made an excellent tea! My mother taught me how to peel its prickly exterior and boil it. Sadly they were harder to find as I got older.
Najhil plans on visiting Rakhana soon, Najhil will keep an Eye out for some Draol!
TEETH

Post by TEETH »

Irutam wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 03:04 Hello! Yup I was born and raised on Rakhana.

Let's see. Tribe Safa is its name. We are a small group like most tribes and we had no more than thirty numbers which was for safety. As a child my great grandparents led our tribe but it's not hierarchical though. Someone outside our family who sought asylum proved their worth and trust and in time became the “Kefa” our head figure.

As an aside…

Normally it's difficult to leave home but in our culture the color red is a bad omen. And as you see by my avatar I am a red drell. So while my family did love me. Our new Kefa saw me with loathing. When I was twenty he paid to have me shipped off world because he feared I would endanger our tribe.

I want to return someday. I have been traveling from place to place learning about medicine and herbalism. Any knowledge I could return with to prove I am not an ill omen.

And even if this is my introduction space I would like to exchange information! Tell me a little about yourself. ^^
Ah I am sorry to hear that you are mistreated and even driven out because of your color. I am told that some groups on Tuchanka may also treat me with suspicion or hostility. Although I have not come to it yet.

As for your question about me.

I was born on Khar'shan. Smuggled off of Tuchanka before I had hatched. Kidnappers got lucky I actually hatched, I guess.

But I was born into a gladiator stable. I didn't know anything but fighting for over a century. I fought all across Khar'shan. But I was known as the Cannibal of G'Thera. or Br'uuj, the Devourer. The titles... explain themselves.

After my last owner died, she wanted me buried with her. This did not go over well with other family, as I made them a lot of money and glory. Her son attacked the funeral procession and in the process released me. I then fought my way out of the area and onto a ship to steal.

By steal I of course meant wait until after a destination had been locked and autopilot engaged. Becuase I had no idea how to fly a ship. After that I ended up living in the undersides of Omega for awhile before managing to leave for the Abyss and piracy.

This ended not too long ago after... 70-some years. The Maw's Dominated destroyed my ship and my own Abyssal Maws.

Now, however. I went to Tuchanka for the first time. And I am in the process of journeying to whatever corners I can, and learning about the many clans and their cultures. I am learning who and what I am when I am doing it for myself.

I apologize for rambling for so long. The shaman I spoke with in Murtag told me I should learn to tell my story with flourish because it is an interesting one. But I tried to keep it short because this did not seem to be the place for it.

Thank you for your answers, and your interest in my past. I wish you skills and success in your quest to prove your... Kefa, wrong.

((Avatar by Armax!))
Irutam

Post by Irutam »

@Rhapsody in Taupe
Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 03 May 2022, 05:10 Haha! Najhil appreciates the Compliment! ^v^

And no, Najhil is not offended. Though Najhil is pretty sure that many other Va'liavas may be. Najhil has been scolded a few Times for giving Outsiders too much Credence, but Najhil sees no Harm in hearing Outside Ideas so long as Najhil continues to follow the Path.
If it helps I’m not trying to convert you to anything! I mean it in a way that as a deity of growth in our culture your presence feels serendipitous! And I am so happy for your presence!
Of course! Najhil recommends Desertification: A Comprehensive Overview by Matriarch Agrada, Life Finds a Way by Granas and Malcom, and Modern Problems, Ancient Solutions by Urdnot Kubad.

Not on the Topic of Habitat Restoration, but Najhil also recommends Creations of The Void: A Compilation of Tuchanka's Flora and Fauna by CDN's own Raik Turak! Tuchanka is an excellent Case Study on Habitats that crawled back from the Brink of total Annihilation and has has Species to look at for potential Introduction in the Event that a Habitat is beyond saving with native Flora alone.
Please note that extensive Environmental Impact Studies need to be performed before safely introducing non-native Lifeforms to a Planet's Biosphere. Especially Species that multiply as aggressively as Species from Tuchanka.
0.0 This is…incredible! I will see to it that these are added to my own library right away! I can’t wait to get started on reading these. Thank you so much Najhil!

And an actual author here too? I’ll have to see if I can talk to them about their opinions on this topic!

Najhil plans on visiting Rakhana soon, Najhil will keep an Eye out for some Draol!
Thank you so much and good luck! Please let me know how your trip goes. I’m curious to hear an offworlder’s opinion of a place seldom visited!

@TEETH
TEETH wrote: 03 May 2022, 20:56 Ah I am sorry to hear that you are mistreated and even driven out because of your color. I am told that some groups on Tuchanka may also treat me with suspicion or hostility. Although I have not come to it yet.

As for your question about me.

I was born on Khar'shan. Smuggled off of Tuchanka before I had hatched. Kidnappers got lucky I actually hatched, I guess.

But I was born into a gladiator stable. I didn't know anything but fighting for over a century. I fought all across Khar'shan. But I was known as the Cannibal of G'Thera. or Br'uuj, the Devourer. The titles... explain themselves.

After my last owner died, she wanted me buried with her. This did not go over well with other family, as I made them a lot of money and glory. Her son attacked the funeral procession and in the process released me. I then fought my way out of the area and onto a ship to steal.

By steal I of course meant wait until after a destination had been locked and autopilot engaged. Becuase I had no idea how to fly a ship. After that I ended up living in the undersides of Omega for awhile before managing to leave for the Abyss and piracy.

This ended not too long ago after... 70-some years. The Maw's Dominated destroyed my ship and my own Abyssal Maws.

Now, however. I went to Tuchanka for the first time. And I am in the process of journeying to whatever corners I can, and learning about the many clans and their cultures. I am learning who and what I am when I am doing it for myself.

I apologize for rambling for so long. The shaman I spoke with in Murtag told me I should learn to tell my story with flourish because it is an interesting one. But I tried to keep it short because this did not seem to be the place for it.

Thank you for your answers, and your interest in my past. I wish you skills and success in your quest to prove your... Kefa, wrong.
Oh no worries at all in fact I thank you for your own story! I agree with this shaman because this was captivating to read. If I may be so bold to say I feel like we have a kinship because of the colors we were born with. May you never face any hostility for your own.

If it’s alright with you I will call you my Star-Brother. It is a custom in my tribe. Where two warriors part to make a journey but though they are separate they share the same goals and stars. You and I are on opposite ends of a spectrum making a journey to and for our homeworlds.

Good luck on your journey. ^^
Tomkah Tough

Post by Tomkah Tough »

Irutam wrote: 04 May 2022, 03:01

0.0 This is…incredible! I will see to it that these are added to my own library right away! I can’t wait to get started on reading these. Thank you so much Najhil!

And an actual author here too? I’ll have to see if I can talk to them about their opinions on this topic!
Archaeology holds all the keys to understanding who we are and where we come from.
TEETH

Post by TEETH »

Irutam wrote: 04 May 2022, 03:01
Oh no worries at all in fact I thank you for your own story! I agree with this shaman because this was captivating to read. If I may be so bold to say I feel like we have a kinship because of the colors we were born with. May you never face any hostility for your own.

If it’s alright with you I will call you my Star-Brother. It is a custom in my tribe. Where two warriors part to make a journey but though they are separate they share the same goals and stars. You and I are on opposite ends of a spectrum making a journey to and for our homeworlds.

Good luck on your journey. ^^
A Star-Brother... I enjoy that idea. Would you then be my own Star-Sister? I am honored to add another piece of shared culture to who I am.

Thank you for that, and your well wishes.

I do not have a timeframe for when I may be done with my journey of learning here on Tuchanka. And I may never be finished. But if you ever require aid I will come. This seems appropriate for Star-Siblings.

((Avatar by Armax!))
Rigmarole

Post by Rigmarole »

Irutam wrote: 30 Apr 2022, 03:04 Haha I don't mind at all! Be nosy and I hope that can lead to more meetings with kindred spirits!

As a desert planet there is a lot of self-sustaining plant life out there. We were taught which ones held water and what petals make a good salve.

We have plants back home we use for tea as well. Nothing prickly though, at least where I grew up. How does Draol tea taste? I would assume it's sweet just like the pulp.
Rhapsody in Taupe

Irutam wrote: 04 May 2022, 03:01 If it helps I’m not trying to convert you to anything! I mean it in a way that as a deity of growth in our culture your presence feels serendipitous! And I am so happy for your presence!
Najhil did not think as much and Najhil is happy to help!

Famke is welcome! Najhil is excited to see more people interested in the Subject!

Thank you so much and good luck! Please let me know how your trip goes. I’m curious to hear an offworlder’s opinion of a place seldom visited!
Thanks! Najhil will be sure to! ^v^

Tomkah Tough wrote: 04 May 2022, 05:12 Image
Speaking of the Author: hello, Turak! Remember to use Words! :lol:
Tomkah Tough

Post by Tomkah Tough »

Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 05 May 2022, 02:31 Speaking of the Author: hello, Turak! Remember to use Words! :lol:
I know, I get to a point where I don't know how to properly poke into a conversation after spending so much time stuck in my work.

I apologize to both of you!
Irutam wrote: 04 May 2022, 03:01 And an actual author here too? I’ll have to see if I can talk to them about their opinions on this topic!
Yes hello! I'm the author of "Creations of The Void." And if you have any questions please send them my way! So this doesn't derail your thread feel free to send a PM at your leisure.
Archaeology holds all the keys to understanding who we are and where we come from.
Irutam

Post by Irutam »

TEETH
TEETH wrote: 04 May 2022, 19:34 A Star-Brother... I enjoy that idea. Would you then be my own Star-Sister? I am honored to add another piece of shared culture to who I am.

Thank you for that, and your well wishes.

I do not have a timeframe for when I may be done with my journey of learning here on Tuchanka. And I may never be finished. But if you ever require aid I will come. This seems appropriate for Star-Siblings.
I would be and I'll gladly wear the title too!

“I may never be finished” is a core lesson. Our journeys never reach an end because we never stop learning. You are never at a point in life where you are “wise enough.”

If for any reason you find yourself weary from travel please know your Star-Sister is walking with you. ^^

Rigmarole
Rigmarole wrote: 05 May 2022, 01:35 We have plants back home we use for tea as well. Nothing prickly though, at least where I grew up. How does Draol tea taste? I would assume it's sweet just like the pulp.
When prepared the way my tribe does it is lightly sweet. My mother used to put other herbs into the mix to boil. So it's lightly sweet, earthy with a hint of spice. You can eat the pulp as is but you have to carefully peel the skin and the nettles off. Some get stuck on the pulp and you might have a surprise if you bite in!

Where is your homeworld? What kind of plants do you use for tea?

Tomkah Tough
Tomkah Tough wrote: 06 May 2022, 02:32
Rhapsody in Taupe wrote: 05 May 2022, 02:31 Speaking of the Author: hello, Turak! Remember to use Words! :lol:
I know, I get to a point where I don't know how to properly poke into a conversation after spending so much time stuck in my work.

I apologize to both of you!
Irutam wrote: 04 May 2022, 03:01 And an actual author here too? I’ll have to see if I can talk to them about their opinions on this topic!
Yes hello! I'm the author of "Creations of The Void." And if you have any questions please send them my way! So this doesn't derail your thread feel free to send a PM at your leisure.
Haha! No need to apologize. ^^ That was funny.

I thank you for the offer. I would like to read through your work first before I bombard you with questions. And I promise to temper those questions because I can get overly excited about these topics.